You are not required to take action due to these changes. However, if you disagree with the planned changes you may redeem your units free of charge until 11 December 2017.
The fund will follow specific sustainability criteria in addition to SEB's basic sustainability principles and employ both positive and negative screening. Positive screening aims to identify companies that issues green bonds with a sustainability profile that directly or indirectly contribute to a sustainable development for the climate and the environment.
The fund manager already employs a stringent screening process when selecting invest-ments. We are updating the prospectus with information about positive screening for the sake of clarification. The fund's investment objective continues to be to invest in bonds that focus on sustainability and environmental opportunities as related to climate change, adaptation and mitigation.
Negative screening means the fund will not invest in companies that:
• Produce or sell controversial weapons or which breach international conventions regarding weapons such as cluster bombs, landmines, chemical and biological weapons
• Participate in the development of nuclear weapon programmes or produce nuclear weapons
• Have verifiably breached international norms regarding labour legislation, anti-corruption, the environment or human rights
• Have more than five percent of their turnover derived from the production of alcoholic beverages, tobacco, the production and/or active distribution of pornography, the production and/or sales of weapons or from commercial gambling
• Are involved in coal, gas, and/or oil exploration and extraction
Minimum amount of green bonds
A minimum of 80% of the bonds in the fund's assets will be invested in green bonds. This is an increase from the previous minimum of 70%.
The maximum management fee for the following classes will be decreased as follows:
Current management fee
New management fee
Updated product documentation, including SEB Green Bond Fund’s prospectus dated December 2017, will be available on www.sebgroup.lu and can also be requested from our registered office.