Which web browser should I use?
Our internet bank solution is primarily built for Internet Explorer and Firefox, and those are the browsers we recommend. However, it also works well with modern versions of other web browsers like Safari and Chrome.
Apart from using browsers on for instance Microsoft Windows based computers or Apple computers, you can also use our Internet bank through mobile devices like the iPad or different smart phones, provided that you use a modern web browser.
Why do I get an error message when I try to log in?
You may have entered incorrect numbers. Please verify that you enter your ID number correctly and create your signature code according to the instructions on the screen. If you are not sure about how to use your digipass, please read the Digipass instruction.
Another reason may be that your browser does not allow 'cookies'. Cookies are small pieces of information which our Internet bank needs to store temporarily on your computer.
We only use this information while you are connected to the Internet bank. When you disconnect, the information is removed. These cookies are not used for anything else, and have no negative impact on your computer but they are needed for you to be able to connect to the Internet bank.
This is how you allow cookies in Internet Explorer 8:
- In the Tools menu choose Internet Options and then the Privacy Tab.
- Press the button Default. The slider should now be placed at Medium or further down on Low or Accept All Cookies.
Yet another reason could be your browser's so called cache memory. When you are browsing the Internet, every web site you visit leaves some information in your web browser's cache memory. Old contents in the cache memory may on rare occasions cause problems when you visit web sites like the Internet bank. Therefore it's good to empty the cache from time to time, and that's also a good thing to try if you experience problems.
This is how you clear your cache in Internet Explorer:
- Go into the Tools menu or click on the Safety button, and then click on Delete Browsing History.
- If you have our Internet bank bookmarked as a favorite, unmark the first check box called Preserve Favorites website data. Otherwise you can keep it marked in order to keep all cached information connected to the web sites in your Favorites list. However, the best thing is to keep this box unmarked so that all cached information is deleted.
- Mark the check box called Temporary Internet files, but keep all other check boxes below unmarked.
- Click on Delete. After clicking you may have to wait for a while if you have a lot of files and history.
I still can't log on, what should I do?
If you can't log on, despite checking your login credentials, cookie settings and cleaning the cache, please contact your private banker.
Try to give us as much information as possible like what kind of web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer 8.0) and what kind of operating system you use (e.g. Windows 7 or Mac OS X Leopard), as well as the exact wording of any error message you get. If you can provide a so called screen shot of the error that will also help us identify the problem.
Why do I get disconnected after 10 minutes?
If you are connected to our Internet bank we automatically disconnect you after 10 minutes of inactivity. This is due to security reasons.